Real estate investments are great. Not only do most smartly bought properties ensure profitable returns, but almost all properties also guarantee rental income. While most commercial properties are sold and leased without breaking a sweat, at least in the more developing countries around the world, second hand residential properties need a bit of marketing to be sold or rented out at a good price. If you are looking to sell your home in this competitive environment, marketing it right is the key.
Here are some great ways to market your property for effective sale:
1. Once you have made the decision to sell your home, the first thing to do is fix it up. This means getting it in the best shape possible. Doing so will help it look its best to the potential buyers and also fetch you the amount you are rooting for. In some countries making such repairs and having the place inspected before sale is mandatory, while some countries have no such regulations as yet. Either way, it is in the best interest of the seller as well as the buyer to do so.
2. Selling a house without any help from real estate professionals is hard but not impossible; however it is most recommended that to save yourself from the stress and anxiety of the transactions and processes involved, you involve a good real estate agency. If you are ready to venture into this unknown terrain on your own, another option may be to find a great real estate listings website. For example, there are a number of websites that can host your properties in Mumbai. All you need to do is supply them with details of your property and optimal images. Be sure to include comprehensive information such as the number of rooms and bathrooms, the total square area of the property, the build up square feet area of the house, garage space, kitchen fittings, etc.
3. Marketing is all about letting people know what you are selling. Hence, it is only natural to start with your immediate circle of influence. Tell your friends, colleagues, extended family and neighbors about the decision and ask them to spread the word around. Make sure you tell them about the property listings website and other portals where they can get further details about the property. If telling everyone separately seems to be a taxing chore, have a fun barbecue or party at your house and announce it to all of them together.
4. If you are working in a corporate company, it is likely that you have a public message board at your office. Use such platforms to advertise your house in the best light. You never know; there could be someone looking for just that kind of property working besides you. Plus, if your home is close to your office, it could serve as an advantage for other buyers from the workplace.
5. Many of my friends have been in a situation where they wanted to check out a house on sale but didn’t know exactly which one, once they entered the neighborhood. You don’t want that to happen to you. Losing out on potential buyers just because they can’t locate your home is foolish. Put up a big lawn sign saying you wish to sell the property. Even if you can’t come up with something clever to write on the sign, a simple house for sale and a contact number usually suffices. Just make sure that the sign has good visibility for passersby.
6. Most of us are pretty active on social networking sites like Twitter, Flickr and Facebook. Use your account to spread the word and advertise your house. Share pictures with a link to your property listing or page so that interested parties can contact you.
Bio – Jack Dawson is a freelance writer and real estate investor. He has quite a few properties in Mumbai, Dubai, and U.S. In addition to writing, he also holds interest in photography, and modern art sculpturing. Also he writes for http://www.thewadhwagroup.com/